Mental Health Treatment Program
Millions of people are affected by mental health condition; however, because of social stigmas, acknowledging mental illness and receiving treatment is not very likely. Sadly, even family members of those with mental illness do not want to recognize when someone is struggling. Simply being diagnosed with a mental illness is somehow shameful; nevertheless, services and treatment are available to anyone facing these disorders. Mental health treatment centers, like Sprout Health Arizona, offer support and guidance.
Mental Health in The United States
Studies show that one out of every two people have at least one diagnosable mental health issue. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration say that almost 60 percent of those diagnosed have sought treatment, while the other 40 percent choose not to receive it, causing themselves even more health issues and further complicating their situation. Most self-medicate through the use of illicit and highly addictive substances, which has been proven to heighten symptoms of mental illness. Over 50 percent of adults who struggle with a mental health illness have a substance abuse disorder as well.
At Sprout Health Arizona, we understand that mental health issues and substance abuse go hand in hand and if not treated, can become life-threatening. Our team of drug abuse specialists, psychologists and therapists are trained to accurately diagnose both mental health disorders and substance abuse and provide patients with treatment plans customized to meet their individual needs. We offer the greatest chance of success in recovery and help struggling individuals sort out their thoughts, deal with their emotions and fight their addiction.
Recognizing Mental Health Issues
Diagnosing a mental health disorder is an extremely complex process. Sprout Health Arizona’s staff deeply understand how the mind works and how thoughts are manifested in behaviors. They also know that most mental conditions overlap or intertwine with one another. There are not always clear indicators for certain mental illnesses. For example, it is natural to feel sad when a loved one passes away; however, it is not natural to feel sad for five consecutive years. This could be the result of depression; however, sadness is not the only symptom of depression. There are many symptoms of most mental illnesses that are similar to others, such as:
- Feeling sad or down
- Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate
- Excessive fears or worries
- Extreme feelings of guilt
- Extreme mood changes of highs and lows
- Withdrawal from friends and family
- Significant tiredness or low energy
- Detachment from reality
- Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
- Trouble understanding and relating to situations
- Excessive anger, hostility or violence
- Suicidal thinking
As mentioned before, diagnosing a mental health disorder is a rather complex process but at Sprout Health Arizona, we understand the symptoms and circumstances surrounding patients. We take the time to properly diagnose each patient in order to provide the most beneficial treatment.
For many years, our staff has acquired the skills and knowledge necessary to proficiently and accurately diagnose mental health disorders. We utilize the best practices and are equipped to handle those suffering from disorders, such as:
- Bipolar disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Do not be discouraged by social stigmas; you can trust our licensed professionals to accurately diagnose and treat your mental disorders.
Attaining Mental Wellness the Sprout Way
The treatment process for mental health disorders requires an extensive treatment program in order to properly manage all of the symptoms. Sprout Health Arizona specializes in treating mental health issues and offers many forms of treatment, such as:
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Partial hospitalization
- Residential treatment
All treatments include cognitive behavioral therapies, which are used to challenge maladaptive thoughts and remove their triggers to help the patients learn constructive behaviors.
Along with individual treatments, group therapy sessions help reinforce the behaviors learned through cognitive therapy. Through group sessions, patients learn from others alike, such as their problems, what solutions they have found and how to continue living a healthy, more meaningful life.
Sprout Health Arizona also offers therapeutic modalities to help patients cope with maladaptive thoughts, such as:
- Relaxation exercises
- Mindful meditation
Through relaxation, clearing the mind and support from others, patients are able to learn how to handle their mental issues. We offer multiple tools and treatments that can increase the likelihood of success outside of the treatment program.